Pilsen Neighbors Community Council will be hosting a DACA & Immigration Summit this upcoming April 1st from 10 am to 3 pm at Arturo Velázquez Institute, 2800 S Western Ave.
The goal is to update DACA recipients on what is happening with DACA at the national level, as well hosting DACA renewal eligibility screenings, and eligibility for DACA renewal fee support.
In addition, immigration attorneys will talk about what is Advance Parole and who qualifies for it. Participants will have the opportunity to ask any questions to immigration attorneys regarding their immigration concerns. During the event City Colleges across Chicago will be providing education resources regarding educational scholarships for students.
Lastly, a virtual conference will be hosted with DACA Recipients who have applied for Advance Parole and were able to travel abroad.
Over the last ten years, DACA has been in limbo, however, DACA Recipients can still keep renewing their work permits an also have the opportunity to apply for permission to travel abroad. This permit is called Advance Parole.
Advance Parole is a temporary travel authorization document, in which people with DACA may exit and re-enter the United States if the situation asks for it. The U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approves travel documents for those who demonstrate that their need to travel is for humanitarian, educational, or employment purposes.
We invite all DACA recipients to take advantage of this valuable opportunity.
Requirements to participate
- Fill out the registration form (below).
- Proof of Nationality (Passport, Birth Certificate, Matrícula Consular)
- Copy of your valid passport.
- Two Photos of the applicant.
- Copy of previous I-765 Application.
- Copy of previous I-765 Approval Notice.
- Copy of previous I-821D application.
- Copy of previous I-821D Approval Notice.
- Copy of previous Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit).
- Copy of Advance Parole Travel Document (I-512L) with Parole Stamp (IF you have traveled
outside the country).
- Valid ID and Social Security Number.